Service & Support
Click here to download technical information for Slugbuster II. This PDF includes details on programming, testing, adjusting selectivity and changing sample coins.
|Caution!! Do not tamper with the nuts and screws covered in blue sealer. Doing so will void your warranty and negatively affect the performance of your Slugbuster. |
Use the troubleshooting guide below for quick-fixes to your Slugbuster. If these tips don't help, we can fix your Slugbuster for you. See the bottom of this page for details.
My Slugbuster is not accepting coins
- Check the coin path for jammed coins
- Make sure the wires are connected properly
- Yellow wire connects to +24 VAC hot
- Black wire connects to -24 VAC common
- Blue wire connects to 8 VDC coin switch
- Purple wire connects to 24 VAC optional counter
- Make sure there is a 24 VAC connected to your Slugbuster
- Make sure there are 2 different coins in the sample holders
- Make sure there are no broken wires on the power cord, sample and/or sending coils
The kicker foot (brass piece on back) continuously clicks
- Make sure there are sample coins in both sample holders
- Check to see if there are any broken wires on the sample holders and/or sensing coils
Coins are jammed inside
- Loosen the two screws below the coin sample holder and the two screws to the right of the sample holder. Very carefully pry apart the clear and the black panel a little bit so the coin falls out. Replace the screws.
- Using a hack saw blade that has no teeth, carefully slide it down the top of the coin slot, working it around to push out the jammed coins.
Too many credits are given for quarters
- Check to see if there is a quarter in the sample holder on the left side, and a token in the sample holder on the right
- If you don't use a token, you need to leave the sample token (included with the unit) in the sample holder and turn the sensitivity off. Be sure the token sensitivity is turned all the way down, fully clockwise.
No credit is given for coins
- In the coin chute, within and behind the electronic box, there is an 'eye' which sees the coin go through the chute. If sun light goes down the chute, it will blind the eye. The best thing to do is put a rag or other object to block the light from the eye.
We can fix almost any Slugbuster for you!
If the troubleshooting tips above don't solve the problem, call us at 616-784-6500 or 800-752-0762 to arrange for repairs. We charge a maximum of $65 for repairs on almost any model Slugbuster, no matter how old it is!
Mail it to us at the address below and include a written description of the problem for fastest service. Without a description of the problem, it will take us longer to fix your unit, IF we can find the problem.
Mail your Slugbuster to:
Parker Engineering & Manufacturing
11 North Park Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
Contact us with any questions:
Phone: 800-752-0762 or 616-784-6500